Monday, January 28, 2008

Change text font: Test

Just a simple test to see if different templates may give different varieties of fonts for the blog text. Refer to Change fonts for New Blogger.

What I did was just followed the above method to see what fonts for the blog text are available for 2 blogs with 2 different templates, one using New Blogger Minima template modified to 3 column and another using Rounders 4 template modified to 3 column.

Result: In both cases, I found the choices of fonts available was just 6, and were the same for both templates. The fonts available are:


  1. Arial

  2. Courier

  3. Georgia

  4. Times

  5. Trebuchet

  6. Verdana



The next question would be if it is possible to add more choices by editing the CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) of the template, but this will take longer time and success is doubtful. That would have to be put off to the future, if I ever remember.

Update: I had a quick look at a template of one of my blogs, and perhaps it is not too difficult to test. I may have to edit lines like

<Variable name="descriptionfont" description="Blog Description Font"
type="font"
default="normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif" value="normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif">

If the above is sufficient to give you an idea as to how to go about trying, hope you share your experience with us by leaving a comment.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I have been looking for a way to change the font to something other than these 6, but I don't know enough about the codes to figure it out on my own. Let me know if you ever figure out how to do it! I found this site, but it's too complicated for me to figure out http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46871 Thanks!