Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Uploading photos and deleting posts Part II

(copy of the first post where the photo was uploaded then deleted)
In the old classic Blogger, after you uploaded a photo, the photo remains on the web even if the photo and/or the post is deleted. Someone commented in one of my blogs that he lost the photo when he deleted the post. So now I am going to upload a photo, get its URL, record the photo URL, dlelete the post, and see what happens to the uploaded photo. Here goes:

These are the URL's of the uploaded pictures:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sEyw6txVACs/RbeC2KDfG_I/AAAAAAAAATQ/w-nPItpI_rM/s1600-h/KL+night+skyline.jpg

and

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sEyw6txVACs/RbeC2KDfG_I/AAAAAAAAATQ/w-nPItpI_rM/s400/KL+night+skyline.jpg


when I was about to delete the photo, I got the following message:

"You also have 1 photo stored on blogger for this post.
These photos will also be deleted from Blogger. If you don't want to delete a photo, uncheck it.
(It may take up to 24 hours for them to be removed)."

It gives me the feeling that I wouldn't see the photos again after 24 hours.

UPDATE 28 January 2007: The result of pasting the first URL into IE browser was a little box New Blogger: photo deleted from Web after post is deleted

What I get from the second URL is an error message:
Google Error
Not Found
The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Conclusion: In the New Blogger, if you delete the post, the images will be deleted.

No comments: