The terrible conditions currently existing in Malaysia regarding bad governance, corruption, abuse of power by the ruling UMNO/BN Federal government plus their desperation to do whatever they can including using our (public) money to buy votes plus a unclean and unfair election now requires citizens with conscience to become whistle blowers to reveal whatever necessary to such hanky panky to increase the chances of real reform plus a regime change.
Now here is your chance not only to do your duty as a conscientious citizens but also to get some monetary rewards. The police is offering RM10,000 rewards for information that leads to arrest of suspects.
Article from Malaysiakini appended below courtesy of Malaysiakini:
6:19PM Jan 12, 2012
The police are offering RM10,000 reward for information on the culprit behind the three explosions during the pro-Anwar Ibrahim rally on Monday.
In a short statement on the police’s Facebook page, the police said that the reward will be granted to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest of the person or group responsible for the incident.
Anyone with information on the matter are advised to contact DSP Yahya Abd Rahman at 0194708947 or contact the police contingent headquarters at 03-2146 0584/0585.
Alternatively, the public can also contact Bukit Aman operations centre at 03-2031 9999 / 03-2266 3444 or visit any nearby police stations.
[More to follow]
Police are offering a reward of RM10,000 for information on the culprit or cluprits behind the three explosions during the pro-Anwar Ibrahim rally on Monday.
In a brief statement on their Facebook page, the police say the reward will be granted to anyone who provides information leading to the arrest of the person or group responsible for the incident.
Anyone with information on the matter is advised to contact DSP Yahya Abd Rahman at 019-470 8947 or contact the police contingent headquarters at 03-2146 0584/0585.
Alternatively, members of the public can also contact the Bukit Aman operations centre at 03-2031 9999 / 03-2266 3444 or go to any nearby police station.
Police announced earlier that the case was being investigated under Section 6 of the Explosives Act 1957, which carries a maximum seven-year jail term, a fine of RM10,000, or both, upon conviction.
Selangor exco member Elizabeth Wong (right), whose official car was damaged in the first explosion, urged the police to expedite the probe.
“The bombings can be considered a terrorist action intended to cause chaos. Such things must not be allowed to be repeated.
“Those responsible for the bombings must be brought to justice immediately,” Wong said.
In addition, she condemned media reports accusing the rally participants of planting the bombs as “irresponsible” and “not making sense”.
The bombings occurred outside the Kuala Lumpur Court Complex, where PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim was acquitted of sodomy charges about an hour before the first bomb exploded at 10.20am.
Five people were injured in the bombings, in addition to four motorcycles and several cars, including a car belonging to aMalaysiakini journalist, being damaged.
Police believe that the explosions were caused by home-made time bombs hidden in traffic cones.